Confirmation students may enroll for both years, with each year culminating in a Friday Shabbat service where the students will have the opportunity to share their reflections and be presented with a certificate celebrating the confirmation of their commitment to Judaism. Conversations will revolve around the transition of preparing for college.
By the end of the year, students who attend regularly should be able to:
- Articulate the impact of clearly understanding rules and expectations.
- Evaluate their interpersonal relationships and acknowledge helpful and hurtful people in their lives.
- Differentiate between consent and “everything else.”
- Give examples of how people curate their public image of self.
- List at least three methods for coping with something stressful or depressing that would work for them.
- Plan how to express their views on Israel with others who disagree with them.
- Articulate their own religious identity and how it has developed over the years.